Chapman Technical Group provided master planning and site design for a boulder park in Davis, West Virginia. Tucker Boulder Park, when fully completed, will have three manufactured climbing boulders with interchangeable hand grips for route re-setting. Two boulders, one around 400 SF and the other around 1,300 SF, have been installed. Funding raising is underway for the third, 700 SF boulder.
The public park includes the following features:
- Three custom-designed artificial boulders, with routes catering to all ages and skill levels.
- Adaptive features for challenged climbers
- A small boulder designed for young climbers
- Two larger boulders for novices and experts
- Ground covered with rubberized mulch to allow for soft landings
Spearheaded by the Tucker Community Foundation, funding for the overall project has come from multiple sources including but not limited to the Dominion Foundation, a WV Department of Transportation Recreational Trail grant, grants from the Land and Water Conservation Fund, Tucker County Parks and Recreation, Oakland Foundation, and community donors.